COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) Reviews

gshay

HELP, FIRMWARE INTO A MAC ! ??

Pros: THE BEST MP3 PLAYER HAVE EVER HEARD

Cons: THIS DOES LIKE MAC'S !!!

Fairly new to mp3 players, tried the Ipod Nano 6th Gen. Never would shuffle worth a damn. Same 150 songs over and over. Researched this J3 here and purchased it. Followed ALL instructions as to installing the newest `firmware' using my Mac. Wrote a polite letter to those people in the country it was made. Too old for this nonsense. When the songs change the volume blasts louder, plugged in the Pico amp, sounds better, BUT CANNOT install firmware. Much nicer then the Ipod but has different items to learn, right?  Please help this  feeble old guy  with the  updated firmware.OK?   Update:     5-6-2012   Now a week later, it does,...
BigEar

Nice sounding portable

Pros: Compact, lightweigth, very good sound (for portable)

Cons: Feeble USB / mm card cover, software stability issues at low battery

Needed a good player for my FLAC and APE files (which my iPod could not do). Bought this player on the various internet recommendations although its ridiculous expensive in Europe (239 Euro for 16G version). It's a very good audio player in a nice looking package. It drives my RS2 very well and playes all files effortless with good dynamics and musicality. I like the added BBE equilizer settings, especially when playing at work on low volumes to get a bit fuller sound. Battery life is awesome and I love the OLED display although I guess I will not use video much.   User interface is ok, but not as nice a the iPod's, but that might be just me. I have big fingers and hands...
ovrclkd

The Perfect Player

Pros: Storage, a palette of EQ settings, ease of navigation

Cons: I should have bought this first!

After trying player after player to include the 602 I have come to realize this was the perfect match for me. I too use the UM3X, but also Grado 325i's, K702's (300ohm) and Senn IE6's. This player just wants to push them all. Aside from the 35 presets The EQ settings are ENDLESS! (there are 4 available to dress to your hearts content) I didn't need to find phones with the right "synergy" to make it sound great! Heck IMO if you pay $300+ for a DAP it should match at least something in your arsenal .....   Bottom line, I love it, great sound, great vids (I just found out but probably will never use), easy to navigate. Once again let me say the COWON J3 is a great,...
Will13

Best DAP Ive owned

Pros: Great UI, great battery life, even better sound, I just love it

Cons: Album art, and tags are sometimes abit messed up, but they can be fixed pretty easy with MP3Tag

Well I sold my S:Flo2 for this, and I'm happy I did, this is alot better every where, as great UI, Battery life, and sound, also plays AAC, and works with album art most of the time   overall I'm very very happy
Daanish

The best music player out there

Pros: Excellent sound quality, customizable UI's, fantastic batter life and beautiful screen

Really the perfect music player, with the expandable memory slot its just fantastic.
TyRanT-22

LOVE

Pros: Battery Life, Sound Quality, Screen

Cons: Build quality could be better, but it is not bad.

I'll update this at a later date.