Nice sounding portable

A Review On: COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black)

COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black)

Amazon.com
Battery Life
User Interface
BigEar

Pros: Compact, lightweigth, very good sound (for portable)

Cons: Feeble USB / mm card cover, software stability issues at low battery

Needed a good player for my FLAC and APE files (which my iPod could not do).

Bought this player on the various internet recommendations although its ridiculous expensive in Europe (239 Euro for 16G version).

It's a very good audio player in a nice looking package. It drives my RS2 very well and playes all files effortless with good dynamics and musicality. I like the added BBE equilizer settings, especially when playing at work on low volumes to get a bit fuller sound. Battery life is awesome and I love the OLED display although I guess I will not use video much.

User interface is ok, but not as nice a the iPod's, but that might be just me. I have big fingers and hands and the controls (on screen) and at the player are tiny. Changing the volume often causes me to switch off the player as that button is at the opposite of the housing.

When the battery was flat, I had some issues when I tried to start up the player. The software went instable and I had to use the reset button. Troubles luckely disappeared when the battery was charged again, so I guess this has something to do with the voltage drop of the near empty battery.

Bottomline is that I'm happy with my purchase and love the sound.beyersmile.png

Comments: