Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Coby Folding Deep Bass Stereo Headphones CV185 (Black)

Coby Folding Deep Bass Stereo Headphones CV185 (Black)

Rated #650 in Headphones

Pros: Portable, lightweight

Cons: Muffled highs

I bought these headphones just from reviews here, but got quite disappointed; bass is OK, mids are OK, but highs are... I can't describe, cut off, muffled. When you listen to music for few days, you realise that something is wrong with hihats in music, be it rock, dance, disco. They are far away and muffled, as if cutoff frequency is set to 14 kHz or lower. I suspect it has something to do with earpads, maybe the ear is too far away from drivers to sound right. When earpads removed, there is virtually no bass, highs are a bit better, but sound is tiny.
I disagree about the best sounding bit for 10$ - they sound as bad as any other cheap headphones, there is always something missing with these.
The pressure they put on ears is solid, so is the isolation. Too bad about the sound.

Pros: Balanced, Great Synergy With a Zune

Cons: Foam padding on headband is cheap

The Coby CV-185 can be founded pretty much everywhere for under $10. After reading joker's review of these headphones, I thought why not since they are so cheap.

I bought these headphones at Marshall's for $7. The headphones come in a plastic box like any other cheap headphones come in.

The built quality of the headphones are more than adequate for a headphones its price. The only qualm I have with the headphones is its foam padding lining for the headband which almost feel like paper.

As far as the sound quaity goes, it really depends on the source. On most source, these soundphones sound ok especially for the price. These headphones are very balanced.  However, when paired up with my Zune HD, the sound retains its balanced sound, but is much richer with much more depth.

Overall, these headphones are good value, but if you have a Zune HD or any other Zune, these headphones will have great synergy that makes them shine.

Pros: For its price, great sound, good clarity

Cons: For its price? none

After listening to the MEElec M9 and Portapros for a few months, and having listened to my friend's ATH closed cans, I got another urge to spend some money on headphones. Saw these, and said "What the hell, I'll give them a try." I had to satisfy my urge and I picked a cheap headphone.

But they could have sold this for $20, and I'd still think it's reasonable. To me, these Cobys sound very balanced. They have the bass, even if the quantity is not a lot. Mids and highs are both very clear for a $10 headphone.

My only qualm is that I can't wear them for too long, since my head is big and they clamp down on my ears. But other than that, I'm fine with the build. It could be a little more sturdy, but again, this thing is $10.

Great value. That's all I can say. It'll beat out every other $10, or even $20 headphone.

Coby Folding Deep Bass Stereo Headphones CV185 (Black)
By:

Coby's deep bass headphones deliver great, resonant lows, providing a premium listening experience. Adjustable headband lets you experience your music in complete comfort, while a compact folding design makes for easy storage and portability.

BindingElectronics
Product GroupCE
Product Type NameHEADPHONES
PublisherCoby
StudioCoby
TitleCoby Folding Deep Bass Stereo Headphones CV185 (Black)
UPC716829211854
Is Autographed0
Is Memorabilia0
Legal DisclaimerWe do not in any way represent that any part we sell is legal to possess in your jurisdiction. Check with you local authorities to ensure it is legal for you to possess before buying!