Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold Reviews

Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold Reviews

Shini44

Arguably the best SS amp in the market.

Pros: Tube like sweet Mids, dynamic and fast like a thunder.

Cons: hard to find because of the limited production.

Cavali Audio Liquid Gold Review:          Disclaimer:   i burned in the LAu for 200 hours before i start any serious session. then had few 2-3 hours sessions for my brain to get used to the sound sig before i intend to review it. this review might see major changes on part 02. for this part i used TH900 alone to see the sound sig changes based on can and be able to spot it. Equipment:   DAC: Chord Hugo TT. Headphones: TH900 ,HE-6 Focal Utopia Cables: Toxic Cable SW22 on TH900 and Toxic Cable BW on HE-6.   Overall sound sig:   The LAu is a SS headphone amplifier which tend to have engaging dynamics yet without boosting...
Frank I

Cavalli Masterpiece The LIquid Gold rises to the Occasion!

Pros: Transparency,Musicality and power with finesse,

Cons: Chassis is not bling

Around 2009, the rumbling and chatter at Headfi.org was getting louder… It was beginning to roar. There was mention of a DIY designer who had an amp that would not only change headphone listening but also create an entirely new standard for headphone amplifiers. People were talking about how he was making a difference in the community with his DIY designs. The person they were talking about was Alex Cavalli. Back then, with the encouragement and support of the headphone community, Cavalli decided to go “commercial” and manufacture some of the designs that had been rattling around in his mind for the last ten years. Alex knew he could build a terrific sounding product. Yet the...
mikemercer

Only Solid State Amp I've heard that Sounds Like a Hybrid: The Texture and Warmth of Tubes, but Control, Power and Precision of the Very Best of SS!

Pros: Outstandingly Musical and Easy to Listen to for Hours. Fully Balanced (w/ 1/4" capability as well). Built Like a Br__house. Looks Fantastic

Cons: Sorry, None. It's too heavy? I can't even say that. This isn't Pandering either.

When I finally got to sit down with Alex Cavalli and hear his Liquid Lightning and Liquid Gold I had unreasonable expectations. I love a combination of tubes and solid state in my reference systems. The sonic pairing of the body and warmth of tubes with the speed and precision of solid state, when executed properly (or just the right complementary components) have delivered some of my favorite, most musically transparent listening sessions of my life, period. I'm talkin' from six-seven foot speaker towers and amps the size of lobster traps to the smallest of portable solutions: I'm a music freakin' addict. And while I don't always understand people who aren't as deeply into...