Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Portable Source Components

Portable Source Components

688 Results
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)

“I bought my Clip+ 8GB in December 2010 and paid £36.99. It was something of a distress purchase in that I bought it to replace another Sansa player, a Fuze, whose wheel type buttons had ceased to work. I used the player with the original firmware and I also installed Rockbox. I'll deal with notable points of each firmware. The hardware: It's cheap. This needn't be such a bad thing as in a...” --julian67

Colorfly C3

Colorfly C3

“build quality    the C3 is build like a tank, my C3 fell several times on the floor and nothing happend. (something I would love to see with an iphone...)     comfort   really small and portable, but still feels really good in the hand because the C3 is a bit heavy.    using comfort   the touch on the C3 is nice but not...” --headphones1999

FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP

FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP

“I received a unit of the Fiio X1 as part of the X1 world tour. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio, and in exchange for letting me demo the X1, I am required to give my honest thoughts about the X1.   Box Contents     I'm not going to post a picture of the box itself, since my unit is a pre-production one and it came in a plain white cardboard box. The final release would...” --nick67

iBasso DX50 DAP

iBasso DX50 DAP

“The DX50 from iBasso Audio does seem like a direct competitor to the hugely popular Astell & Kern AK100 and the high value Fiio X3. Released at a price point of $239, it is slightly more than the X3, but much less than the price of the AK100. As you probably know, all three DAPs are based around the same Wolfson 8740 DAC chip and while some people believe that what matters is the...” --lin0003

Apple 80 GB iPod AAC/MP3 Video Player Black (5.5 Generation)

Apple 80 GB iPod AAC/MP3 Video Player Black (5.5 Generation)

“ I purchased the 5.5gen black 80GB a few years back in the late spring of 2007. This has been one of the best electronic investments to date. My purchase was based on two key, determining factors.   1.) Storage Capacity: This thing had 80GB of storage, this was the biggest capacity of any portable music player available at the time, and still remains high on the list   2.)...” --Lucias_D

Apple iPhone 4 Black Smartphone 32GB

Apple iPhone 4 Black Smartphone 32GB

“ Hello head-fi   I recently decided i would get my first smart phone and that it would be an iphone. Now i don't want to write a wall of words but i will do it anyways.     Design/Durability When buying a smart phone which you take everywhere durability is very important. Plastic is generally the most commonly used material that tends to get the job done but looks...” --bcasey25raptor

Apple iPod touch 32 GB (3rd Generation) NEWEST MODEL

Apple iPod touch 32 GB (3rd Generation) NEWEST MODEL

“ If you're a fan of the iPhone, but already have a capable phone/phone contract, then the iPod Touch is a great way to essentially have an iPhone without the phone component. Sure it doesn't have a camera or GPS, but with wifi, the versatility of this device makes it almost a tiny computer. ” --stharries

Sony Walkman X Series 32 GB Video MP3 Player w/ OLED Display

Sony Walkman X Series 32 GB Video MP3 Player w/ OLED Display

“This Sony X has been my mainstay DAP for a solid year and a half. That alone should speak to its staying power. Prior to this unit, I'd been through DAP after DAP trying to find the one for best audio quality. Now I have found it. Even the much touted AMP3, being the supposed 'audiophile' player, was not on the same level. It is not perfect though, possessing a nearly worthless web browser- but...” --cn11

Apple iPod 16GB 2nd Gen

Apple iPod 16GB 2nd Gen

“Just about everything that an entertainment device should be. SQ is great, you can use YouTube, you can browse the internet, and of course there are many great apps that you can get. The new 3.0 update has made it somewhat short on battery life, but that's not a problem unless you're using it just to play games.   I paid 250 for mine when it was relatively new, but now that the 3rd gen has come...” --stonyboys

iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player

iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player

“Hi everyone.   Not so long time ago I bought IBasso DX90, now I feel necessary to review it for other people not to repeat my mistakes.   A Little Background. I’m 23, during my teenage portable electronic devices were actively evolving. I remember my first IPod Nano with a lot of memory (it was 1Gb). For me it was really cool to listen to music outdoors with that much comfort....” --Hello1

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Portable Source Components