Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers

Headphone Amplifiers

Emotiva mini-X a-100

Emotiva mini-X a-100

“This review is based on matching the Mini X with Hifiman He-500 Headphones.     You may be reading this review, unsure what to make of this Amp, asking how can a cheap sub $200 amp offer the power needed for an expensive Headphone such as the Hifiman He-500?  If you have done your homework you will find this is the stereo amp everybody is...” --fluidz

Audinst HUD-MX1

Audinst HUD-MX1

“ I have been researching a more potent amp for my desktop system and all I have to say is Wow! I just plugged the MX1 into my office system for the first time and I am very impressed. The amp section is robust enough to drive my HD650 in a similar (not quite as refined) fashion as my Schiit Lyr in my main system. Great extension in the bass with solid mid, airy and extended top end indicating...” --milosolo

Audinst HUD-mx2

Audinst HUD-mx2

“     The Audinst HUD-mx1 compact DAC/headphone amp was a great little unit. It also happened to be one of the very first reviews that I did at HeadFi. In the subsequent years I've gone on to review dozens of other products from amps to DACs to headphones and more, and I also went on to become something of a "real" reviewer at InnerFidelity. Through all that, I've never stopped...” --project86

Audinst AMP-HP

Audinst AMP-HP

“ See full review here:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/568054/review-audinst-amp-hp-portable-headphone-amplifier#post_7697280   In summary, this is a great sub-$200 portable amp. It's like Audinst took the already nice sounding amp section of their HUD-mx1 device, improved it by maybe 15 or 20 percent, and then made it portable. What's not to like about that? ” --project86

Emotiva UPA-200

Emotiva UPA-200

UPA-200 represents a true breakthrough in audiophile-quality amplification. At last, a truly affordable stereo power amplifier that can satisfy the most discerning aficionado, and at the same, is affordable to anyone with a desire for real quality. Our advanced engineering and design techniques have resulted in an amazing new amplifier. Its rock solid performance and affordable price point...

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers