Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers

Headphone Amplifiers

HiFiMAN EF5 - Hybrid Headphone Amp

HiFiMAN EF5 - Hybrid Headphone Amp

“ So far I have used this amp with two different headphones: the Hifiman HE5LE, and the AKG K601.   I'll start with describing how it sounds with the AKG K601. First, let me note that one absolutely must  put a 120 ohm series resistor at the output in order to be compatible with the K601. AKG specifies that the K601 should be driven by amp following the IEC standard, which is 120...” --mike1127

Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier

Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier

“Hifiman EF2A Review Overview:This is my first headphone amp review and I'm just going to review the amp section of this headphone amp as the DAC is nothing special, a bit better than most computer or portable device DACs but is easily outclassed by any decent dedicated DAC or soundcard. I've had this amp for a while and I tried it with a variety of AKGs, Senns, Beyers, as well as a few...” --kman1211

HiFiMAN EF-6 Headphone Amplifier

HiFiMAN EF-6 Headphone Amplifier

“In the months leading up to the release of the EF-6, I was considering the few options available for amplifying the HE-6, there is basically speaker amplifyers and a few pre-amplifiers designed to power the AKG K-1000, which was prior to the HE-6 the most notoriously difficult headphone to drive on the market.  A few things stood out about the EF-6, there was the handsome good looks, the...” --drez

Minibox E+

Minibox E+

A powerful portable headphone amplifier with optional bass boost. Designed to drive the er4 series.

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers