Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio

Computer Audio

622 Results
Altec Lansing VS4121 Powered Audio System (Black)

Altec Lansing VS4121 Powered Audio System (Black)

“was an awesome 2.1 channel speaker , had some hard time handling bass at high volume . clarity is par , no speaker can do this good at this price , but they are not the best , design , okay , nothing one can complain about  , sound stage was never a problem but was never huge , was of good quality . ” --suman134

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240

“ Decided to write this review to hopefully answer any queries anyone may have.    The creative X-fi back last year, was one of the best DACs out there with very good value for its performance, conducting some tests with RMAA, I found that it has good 18 bit performance and true 16 bit performance that was pretty much unmatched by any DACs at that price back then (there is now the...” --firev1

ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Card

ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Card

“ ¬† Asus Xonar is the sound which i bought recently¬† i was using an on board 889 realtek audio chip perviously. As per the review that are given by OCC and other reviewing sites i dnt find that sort of a difference basically it depends on what genre r u listening more over from song to song that i ll cover in...” --skywalker111988

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 MIDI Digital Recording Interface

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 MIDI Digital Recording Interface

“ Thought it great until I recently comparered its analog out to the DAC on my Onkyo TX-SR876 receiver... ¬† Although good to a point, it failed in highly complex loud music passages like the Choral movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony..... where as the volume and the number of instruments and voices increased, the 2496 could not keep the sounds seperate.... they become muddled/mixed a...” --dlaloum

Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 6 In/6 Out USB 2.0 Audio Interface With Two Focusrite Mic Preamps

“Prologue This interface is not new on the market so there are tons of reviews that approach it from an amateur musician/home studio owner point of view. Some of them made by professional reviewers at S.O.S. and musicradar, and some by costumers on sites like Musician's Friend, Sweetwater and last but not least - Amazon (tons more can be found just by running a search on google)....” --Hal Rockwell

Kanto YU2MG Powered Desktop Speakers (Matte Grey)

Kanto YU2MG Powered Desktop Speakers (Matte Grey)

“So around Christmas time last year I picked these up for my mother. I tried them out and was immediately disappointed. Sounded very tinny and weak. As a side reference I own HE-500s out of a NFB10.33 and have had Z2700 2.1 speakers and Klipsch promedia 2.1. I almost felt like sending them in for a refund, but boy am I glad I didn't. The looks are very modern. I have the matte gray ones and...” --semaj8james

ASUS Essence STX II

ASUS Essence STX II

“After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which the STX II replaces,the sound is more natural,laid back,and forgiving.   Users can talior the sound to their preference with swappable opamp sockets. Stock opamps are MUSES8920 for the I\V...” --raymond555

Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card

Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card

“I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe cards but anything is better than integrated onboard sound.    The sound cards look beautiful to me except for the cable that connects the main card to the daughter board, they could have...” --Nada190

Emotiva Stealth Eight

Emotiva Stealth Eight

“So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating weekly untill I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process. Recommended burn-in time for these speakers are said to be at 100-200 hours so sit back and follow me through this process as we all know that there are not too many reviews about these...” --Audiobahn808

Neumann KH 120 Active Analog Studio Monitor with 5.25" Woofer & 1" Tweeter - Single

“Pound for pound, the best 5" active monitors available (IMO). Very neutral sounding with little coloration. They are designed for monitoring but I enjoy listening for pleasure as well. ” --iim7V7IM7

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio