Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio

Computer Audio

610 Results
ASUS Xonar Phoebus ROG Gaming Soundcard Set Sound Cards

ASUS Xonar Phoebus ROG Gaming Soundcard Set Sound Cards

“While I am an avid gamer and would provide a full 5 star to this sound card if it were purely advertised and functioned for gaming, it dosent quite deliver in the music department right out of the box. I am thinking of the consumer here. It took me a good week of deep tweaking and numerous mods I finally got it to the point of near perfection, in my eyes. Then again everyone is different...” --wem97

Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System

Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System

“ I know it's a sin to compare speakers to headphones but I am going to do it anyways. I currently own Shure SRH840 and Grado, Alessandro MS1 Compared to these speakers i prefer the speakers for music. This is not because of sound quality or details (both of my headphones are much more detailed then these) but because of convenience. I will always think of headphones as more of a portable...” --bcasey25raptor

Blue Sky MediaDesk 2.1 Active Studio Monitor System

Blue Sky MediaDesk 2.1 Active Studio Monitor System

“I have experienced a nicely sized 'comfort zone' with these speakers. There is a slightly larger horizontal comfort zone than with my Mackie HR824's. I was using these speakers in the studio but I wouldn't recommend them for reference monitors because the low mids sounded too attenuated to my ears. An application where the MediaDesk will shine however is in a a den or a small room. These...” --dreamwhisper

Asus Xonar D1 Sound Card (Black)

Asus Xonar D1 Sound Card (Black)

“ This review focuses mainly on the performance of the card from a technical point of view. It most likely also applies to the Xonar DX, which is basically the same card, but with PCIe interface instead of PCI.   The strongest point of these cards is the (CS4398 based) DAC, which supports sample rates up to 192 kHz, and 24 bit resolution (I tested mainly at 44.1 to 96 kHz). The specs...” --stv014

Altec Lansing VS4121 Powered Audio System (Black)

Altec Lansing VS4121 Powered Audio System (Black)

“was an awesome 2.1 channel speaker , had some hard time handling bass at high volume . clarity is par , no speaker can do this good at this price , but they are not the best , design , okay , nothing one can complain about  , sound stage was never a problem but was never huge , was of good quality . ” --suman134

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240

“ Decided to write this review to hopefully answer any queries anyone may have.    The creative X-fi back last year, was one of the best DACs out there with very good value for its performance, conducting some tests with RMAA, I found that it has good 18 bit performance and true 16 bit performance that was pretty much unmatched by any DACs at that price back then (there is now the...” --firev1

ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Card

ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Card

“   Asus Xonar is the sound which i bought recently  i was using an on board 889 realtek audio chip perviously. As per the review that are given by OCC and other reviewing sites i dnt find that sort of a difference basically it depends on what genre r u listening more over from song to song that i ll cover in...” --skywalker111988

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 MIDI Digital Recording Interface

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 MIDI Digital Recording Interface

“ Thought it great until I recently comparered its analog out to the DAC on my Onkyo TX-SR876 receiver...   Although good to a point, it failed in highly complex loud music passages like the Choral movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony..... where as the volume and the number of instruments and voices increased, the 2496 could not keep the sounds seperate.... they become muddled/mixed a...” --dlaloum

Kanto YU2MG Powered Desktop Speakers (Matte Grey)

Kanto YU2MG Powered Desktop Speakers (Matte Grey)

“So around Christmas time last year I picked these up for my mother. I tried them out and was immediately disappointed. Sounded very tinny and weak. As a side reference I own HE-500s out of a NFB10.33 and have had Z2700 2.1 speakers and Klipsch promedia 2.1. I almost felt like sending them in for a refund, but boy am I glad I didn't. The looks are very modern. I have the matte gray ones and...” --semaj8james

ASUS Essence STX II

ASUS Essence STX II

“After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which the STX II replaces,the sound is more natural,laid back,and forgiving.   Users can talior the sound to their preference with swappable opamp sockets. Stock opamps are MUSES8920 for the I\V...” --raymond555

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio