Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Amp/DACs › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus Reviews

Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus Reviews

longbowbbs

Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus

Pros: Versatile, many user adjustable settings

Cons: None so far

I purchased the DMPlus to work alongside my MacMini. The MacMini has been stripped to just Mac OSX and Amarra Mini ver 2.4 using iTunes as the librarian. The Mini's USB output to the DMPlus is via an Audioquest Forest USB cable. I have 2 ways to listen to the DMPlus. First, I plug my Sennheiser HD650's directly into the headphone jack. In this mode the DMPlus acts as a headphone amplifier. iTunes and Amarra feed directly to the HD650's. The sound is wonderful and open. Great soundstage. You can see in your mind where each instrument is placed. The imaging is spot on...after you adjust the balance that is.    One of the pluses of the DMPlus is the user adjustability. There...
hiilari

Good sound, sensible connections

Pros: Clarity, comprehensive set of connections, driver support for Windows users, desktop footprint

Cons: Volume pot feel, front panel led lifetime

Had the unit for two years now, mainly driving Behringer active speakers and occasionally headphones. I like the fact unit can be placed horizontally or, as I prefer it, vertically using the stand that comes with the unit. Have use it mainy for listening Tidal on a silent Windows pc but have also tried hi-res music from HDTracks played on FooBar2000.   This is indeed a headphone forum, but any critical listening of this unit has been in my case via speakers. What drove me to DM Plus was the fact that it has balanced XLR outputs, which really makes a difference. It also has rca output which I may use for a subwoofer later. And yes, I have only good things to say about the headphone...
Redcarmoose

A Low Cost Smooth DAC With System Interface Options

Pros: Detailed But Still Musical At $490.00 Retail

Cons: Whatever They Are I Can Live With Them

A Review (Or better yet, how can we spend a small amount of money on a box to make our music and movies sound better?) The Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus By Member Redcarmoose October 2015 Great specifications and testing provided by Ken Rockwell, note link at bottom of page. Ken has simply spent more time and money reviewing the DAC and currently offers the most complete and comprehensive review out there. Ken Rockwell's review is where you can read all the good things he has to say about the Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus. Much of his research and measurements were crucial in swaying me over to make the purchase. His review will not wander off into long ridiculousness...
stevenmbell

A real step up from the DacMagic.

Pros: Usable as a preamp and headphone amp.

Cons: Loss of sharp filter, No Remote.

I was surprised to say the least at the sound of this new model from Cambridge Audio. The new dac sounds a few steps better than the dac it replaces.My only complaint is the volume control.It has a cheap feel to it.and the adjust ability is not very good.you have little volume then move it just a small way and the volume increases far too much.Other than that it is worth a listen.