Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Burson HA-160 › Reviews › GeirTj's Review

Burson HA-160

A Review On: Burson HA-160

Burson HA-160

Rated # 46 in Desktop Amps
Quality
Price paid: $1,200.00
GeirTj
Posted · 3504 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Stepped attunuator

Cons: A bit too large steps on volume control for some phones

Advanced and quality build.

1 Comment:

I have had my burson amp for about a year and a half and have replaced the stock fuse with a hifi tuning silver star fuse of equivalenr rating and if you replace the fuse that you will get a substantial improvement in the sound of the amp.In mho the image improves there is better resolution and the sound tightens up things sounding better defined in general.I also used a kubala sosna emotion cable power cable on the burson and i heard a huge improvement in all areas of the sound coming from this amp hearing details i have never heard before when playing cds.I know this cable is obscenely expensive for an amp at this price level but I was using one on another piece of equipment and I thought I should try it.The burson with the fuse and power cable upgrade is quite impressive sounding.It takes up the amplifiers performance level to a whole other plateau imho.I am using it with the audeze lcd 2 rev2 phones and i am in absolute heaven.I just had to post this comment.