Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Cables › Headphone Cables › BTG-Audio Midnight Hd-25 cable

BTG-Audio Midnight Hd-25 cable

Pros: audio improvement, choice in termination, choices in wire material, choice in sleeve colors, affordable compared to other suppliers

Cons: Its limited to 4 strand wire due to how the cable travels in the headband. But Brian has offered a mod option if someone really wants 8 strand wire.

disclaimer - This review is based on an upgraded cable to 4 strand SPC wire, plus balanced termination (the base is copper wire and 1/8" termination)

I'm a bit embarrassed at how much I've spent on this hobby.  But I guess I've at least found some "perspective".  As most Head-Fiers, I look more and more for ways to squeeze more performance out of my equipment.  So I decided I should try improving the cables, on my favorite headphones.  I decided to begin with my beloved HD25ii Adidas Edition portables, and I looked to Brian at BTG Audio.

On BTG's web store you see the base model "Midnight" cables.  But with Brian's assistance, based on my needs, we upgraded the cable's wire type and termination.  All I can say is, this might have been the smartest purchase I've made, in this hobby.  I have had a large increase of instrument separation, and a modest improvement in soundstage.  Bass is more precise and less muffled.  And treble has more sparkle.  I always loved the HD25s for their ability to be very forgiving with recordings of lower quality, and I don't feel any of that ability was lost (I was concerned a bit about loosing that benefit).  I also saw wonderful improvements using this upgrade direct from the source, when I was mostly expecting to see the improvement just in multi component stacks.

I have zero issues recommending this product, and I have already.  While receiving wonder feedback from those who went with my suggestion.

My evaluation sources:

iPod Touch 4th -> CLAS db -> Rx Mk3 B -> HD25

iPod Touch 4th -> HD25

Macbook Pro -> HD25

BTG-Audio Midnight Hd-25 cable

BTG-Audio is happy to offer the "Midnight" HD-25 Headphone cable. Each cable is hand built and tested on my own personal pair of HD-25's. So no need to send yours in for fitting! Beneath the smooth black sheen of the nylon sleeve is the heart of BTG-Audio, custom fabricated OFC wire. The wire is braided in a Milloit braid to help resist interference. The union between the nylon and wire creates this great cable that is soft and very durable. Like a commando kitten! The Cardas Sennheiser plugs are Made in the USA and plated in rhodium. Sleeve color is black, but other colors can be special ordered. [but then it's not a midnight cable :( ] If you want something not listed, no problem! I can special order and custom fabricate anything! Get your fix of Viablue, Oyaide, Furutech, or anything else you can think of! Contact for custom orders.