Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › Breeze Audio PD05 XMOS + PCM5102 DAC › Breeze Audio PD05 XMOS + PCM5102 DAC Reviews

Breeze Audio PD05 XMOS + PCM5102 DAC Reviews

Positive Reviews

KEMMA

I felt not bad sound

Pros: Sound good to fairly cheap price

Cons: Input of music is impossible & the machine has a fever

Sorry for poor English, I'm Japanese. I bought it at Aliexpress, and it worked fine.   After removing the contents by removing the front cover, PCM5102A there was certainly on the mother board. And condensers are made by Sanyo. It is an amateur's impression, but looks like it does not use the bad parts.   Even amateur ear, I felt the sound was better than cheap China DAC(VIA VT1620A, C-Media CM6620) that has been used before. Music increases the force, I have obtained a clear sense of pitch.   But I wanted a cheap PCM5102 DAC with a input terminal. I feel unfortunate for it can only output of music.

Negative Reviews

ag8908

main use to me is as a usb->SPDIF convertor; not worth $87 in my opinion; definitely needs an amp

Pros: it works

Cons: needs an amp, unremarkable

First the preliminaries, like, where do you find this and does it work? You can find this on ebay by searching for PCM5102 (called that because it has the high-end Burr Brown i.e. Texas Instrument PCM5102 chip), and you get the drivers from the link below (the purple baidu link) http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35324113465 which work fine with both windows 7 and windows 8. I don't even know if the brand is really Breeze Audio but that's what it says on the case.   As another preliminary, please note that I am reviewing this amped. I connected its coaxial/SPDIF out to the coaxial in of my 500W yamaha stereo receiver, and plugged my Sennheiser HD800 into the receiver's headphone...