Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 Reviews

Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 Reviews

Positive Reviews

Jazzyfi

Heavily modified bravo v2

Pros: Everything

Cons: Stock components suck, the design is not optimal.

I got this small amp from a local marketplace. It sounds OK when I got it, too warm, almost no treble. After I got the schematic and tips from google I did some mods with this baby and now it sings!   What I did: 1. Cut some traces for crosstalk improvement 2. Make better grounding, measure voltage difference between in and out, make sure its not more than 1mV 3. Change the power supply filter cap to low ESR Panasonic 3300uF, 35V 4. Change 2 output caps to low ESR Panasonic 2200uF, 25V 5. Change 2 N Channel Mosfet to IRL510 6. Install 2 5K ohm pots and adjust tube biasing to 13.5V. 7. Install ferrites clamp on the power supply cable   I'm using it with...

Negative Reviews

rigodeni

Class A? I give it a D minus

Pros: Price, looks, size

Cons: Hum is audible over music at only 45% volume, rendering it unusable past this point. No improvement over my X-FI.

Edit: My V2 has recently began to produce a constant pulsating static noise that persists as soon as it's warmed up, and never goes away. It is loud enough to be audible over music, but does not seem to get louder with volume (like the hum). The issue persists even with volume all the way down. I am currently in communication with Bravo support (Henry) via email about this.   Edit2: Henry sent me a replacement power supply but both issues persist. After filing a dispute in paypal he has given me a full refund. He failed to respond to me until I filed the dispute. A bad product with poor support, I do not recommend buying anything from Bravo Audio.   Used primarily with my...

More Reviews

UmustBKidn

Excellent Budget-Fi hybrid tube/ss entry level amp

Pros: Inexpensive, easy to tube roll

Cons: The stock tube really sucks

In the world of Budget-Fi audio, there is a relatively small set of amplifiers that can be purchased for under $100 USD, and an even smaller set of amplifiers in that price range that are hybrid tube amps. The Bravo V2 is one of those amps. It can be purchase on auction from eBay for about $50-55 (depending on how many people are bidding), or at a fixed price of $69 from either Amazon.com or eBay (the seller/manufacturer on eBay ships from China and charges $16 for shipping that takes about 2 weeks to the US).   By many accounts, this device was designed using DIY project specifications readily available on the Internet, which have existed for some time. Those who purport to know...
Stoph

Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier

Pros: Good quality build and sound quality

Cons: None..built for its purpose and does it well

I use the Bravo tube amplifier as a pre-amp on my jaycar power amplificator and it has revolutionised the sound output.  Whereas before the sound was sctrachy and the max volume low, the system now works brilliantly.  Vey happy customer and would recmmmend to anyone who wishes to purchase a headphone amplifier or pre-amp.