Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Bravo Audio Ocean › Reviews › cleg's Review

Nice intro to tube world

A Review On: Bravo Audio Ocean

Bravo Audio Ocean

Rated # 12 in Desktop Amps
Quality
cleg
Posted · 13726 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: design, build quality, warm sound

Cons: not for all genres

Before listening to this charming little amp, I was very skeptical about overall tube amp idea. But this amp changed my mind greatly.

First of all, I have to admit it's design and build quality - it's really great, amp looking very stylish.

As for sound, I have to mention, that it's really giving "warmth" to sound. This is hardly explainable by words, but old rock, for example, starts sounding much more pleasant. I've listened Led Zeppelin, Doors, The Who and really rediscovered some of my favorite tracks in a new way.

Also I found it sounding good with almost all genres of metal, except Nu-metal. Very nice sounding for Nile, Behemoth and other "brutals"

Only exception I need to mention - it's dance music. This it amp IMHO is not for it.

To summarize - this amp is perfect pass to tube world with affordable price of $90

LL

1 Comment:

Very beautiful amp indeed.