Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Brainwavz M5 › Brainwavz M5 Reviews

Brainwavz M5 Reviews

Positive Reviews

great "bang for buck" buds with awesome detail!

Pros: DETAIL i'm hearing things i've never heard before, price, comfort.

Cons: a little bass heavy, has the typical "V" shaped response curve of buds aimed at the masses.

I bought these as a grab bag deal on massdrop. The first time i listened to them I was a little disappointed at the"V" shaped response curve so they sat on the shelf for a few months. The other day I decided to give the another chance. I went through my normal lineup of music and began to notice things I had never heard before. The sounds of  piano pedals, deep breathes between notes, echos I had never noticed. they also have a fairly wide sound stage.  You cant get this kind of detail for $22.50 anywhere else (as far as I know). With a little EQ adjustment these headphones really wake up. Once flattened out a little the amazing detail of spread to the vocals making these a joy...

Negative Reviews

Don't buy, say goodbye!

Pros: Powerful deep bass and detailed treble are not kidding (but small acoustic ruins it all)

Cons: Size of sounds are small. Acoustic of mids are limited. Despite being detailed, quality level of the treble isn't shining.

after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2 (they were similar items), i see this one also following them. but with some bass & treble improvements added. that's okay, but unfortunately said improvements comes with an expensive price. mayday! we just lost vocals... in this small acoustic, with all the bass & treble attacks, where we were going to put our beautiful mids ? oh god, just forget about this...   it carries some 250hz amplification thus drums are very prominent. lowering them can reduce your headache. about the 30-60hz deep bass, yes it's improved but still sounds small due to low acoustics. just switch to an earphone with a wide acoustic and bigger sound size (and with a...