Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Brainwavz M3  › Brainwavz M3 Reviews

Brainwavz M3 Reviews

Showing 2 4-star reviews (see all 3 reviews)

JoeDoe

Brainwavz M3: If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It!

Pros: Clarity, Soundstage, Texture, Value

Cons: Shape, No chin slider

Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. This one is however, different than all the others. It's just... better.     The Breakdown    Test Songs (all ALAC either 16/44 or 24/96):   Whistle Past the Graveyard - Rolling Jazz Revue - rjr What About Me - Snarky Puppy - We Like It Here Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself Prelude from Cello Suite #4 - Yo Yo Ma   Source: Fiio X5  Bass: Full and textured. I've heard several of the sub $100 category from Brainwavz, including the Delta, S0, S1,and M3 and so far...
knubbe

Good option in the sub-$100 range

Pros: Overall sound quality, decent value

Cons: Some peakiness

I had a pair of M2s that were my beater IEMs for a while, but my years of abuse eventually took their toll and they came apart at the strain relief. I decided to try the M3s since I liked the M2 sound (smooth, warm) and heard they might be an improvement on the sound.   Starting from the bottom, there is a noticeable but not overly distracting mid-bass hump. It adds some nice punch to the bottom end of most songs. Extension is decent, rolloff starts at around 50hz. All in all, I would say the bass is a good balance of fun and articulate.   The mids have some slight peakiness in the 1.5-2khz region which I notice mostly when listening to classical instruments,...