Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones › Reviews › JamesSitter's Review

Only good for six months

A Review On: BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones

BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones

JamesSitter
Posted · 2063 Views · 5 Comments

Pros: Sound Comfert Price

Cons: Build Quality

I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to crack within a week of one another. A little later pieces of plastic started falling off altogether and now I can't take them off too fast without cutting my ear. Before you buy try searching about the HM5s build quality, lots of complaints. The best part is even though I'm still under warranty no one will return my emails.

yours lasted 6months??? whew i sold the last one in 3months. :P
just curious, how "big" is your head...can u measure from ear tip to ear tip, via the top of your head?  y i ask is becos i can snag one about 90bucks from a guy. was tempted this afternoon.
I had some issues with the sliders when I owned an FA-003, though not the precise issues you refer to, and not anywhere near as catastrophic. They're not exactly built very well.
Did you sit on them? (see what I did there?)
I experienced the exact same issue after 15 months of regular use. Will be upgrading to SoundMAGIC HP100.