Bright to the point of pain

A Review On: Brainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphones

Brainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphones

Rated # 55 in Universal Fit
Krisman
Posted · 4424 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Fantastic detailing, layered and open presentation

Cons: Extremely bright. Non existent bass even after trying 7 different tips

Summary of my experience with these:

Build: Feels cheap and plasticky. In fact the box appears better made than the earphones. :)

Treble: Very detailed, forward and sharp. No real sibilance BUT is very fatiguing after even after short listening sessions

Mids: Again very detailed but there appears to be some forward and some recessed elements depending on the track you are listening to. The soundstage in the mids is great. Very wide and layered.

Bass: Very weak. I even tried my gel custom fit earbuds to ensure the fit was perfect but it didn't really help. These fall off badly with any electronic bassy tracks. Just feels like there is a massive hole in your musical experience and therefore I cannot recommend these for all round listening.

Overall: Very disappointed given the glowing reviews I have read but if you are after great detailing and don't mind a noticeable lack of bass then I would give these a try.

1 Comment:

I very much agree with your review actually. They are quite bright IEMs, and the bass is a bit lacking. But I personally found that with some bass EQing applied, it actually sounds a lot better. They are definitely on the brighter side, but I wouldn't quite say sibilant. But these are by far, the most detailed IEMs I've ever owned. I don't know if it is some kind of distortion, but cymbals on these IEMs had a kind of life and sparkle in them I've never heard from any IEM or headphone for that matter. I unfortunately lost my pair of B2's, but I would definitely buy another if they're going for a good price.