Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones Reviews

Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones Reviews

bengewarmer

Excellent Headphones

Pros: Very comfortable, seems durable, sounds very good

Cons: Expensive

I think the best way I can describe myself is an aspiring audiophile. I haven't the money, or the time to audition high end gear. That being said, I do scour the internet for information and save up my pennies for things I really want, and that's where the B&W P5s come in. I was able to experiment with them several times in an Apple store before finally exchanging two previous pairs of headphones I had bought there; one being the Skullcandy Aviators (which sounded surprisingly good despite their track record) and the other being the Klipsch Image One headphones. While purchasing these at their 150 dollar price points, I still knew I was making a mistake in not saving up and just...
fella

The best ipod solution

Pros: Beautiful design, beautiful sound

Cons: Same price might get you higher SQ if portability is not a concern

First of all shouldn't these be classified as on-ear headphones?   Second, I defy the previous reviewer to say where the "cheap plastic" was located on these headphones.  These are great sounding headphones.  Their competition in terms of portability and sound basically comes down to the Sen HD25s, which are slightly ridiculous looking DJ headphones.  Perhaps when beyer releases their portable, there will be competition in the market, until then, B&W owns their segment.    Edit: I've heard that phiaton have some offerings in this segment as well, so perhaps try both and see what you prefer.   You will not find a bad review of these outside of head fi.  There's either...