Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Bottlehead Mainline › Bottlehead Mainline Reviews

Bottlehead Mainline Reviews

Loquah

Bottlehead Mainline - Simply Superb

Pros: Satisfying project even with only moderate skills, incredible sound, detailed, smooth, readily available tubes

Cons: Quite large

I have created a thread to discuss and compare the Bottlehead range of headphone amplifiers so I'll share a small excerpt here just abouthow the amp sounds, but I'd recommend heading over to the thread for much more information and opportunities to read other people's opinions and discuss your thoughts: http://www.head-fi.org/t/683012/bottlehead-amplifier-discussion-comparison-thread-crack-sex-mainline#post_9831533   Sound   As a top of the line amplifier, I had high expectations of the Mainline. My initial impressions were just OK - it sounded good, but not amazing and I wondered if it was actually better than the lower-priced S.E.X. After spending a bit longer listening...
JamieMcC

Mainline Magic from Bottlehead

Pros: Superbly capable, grown up refined sound, resolving, musical, oodles of finesse and a delicacy of finer musical nuances, customizable finish.

Cons: Its DIY build it yourself or have someone else build it for you but honestly its not that hard. large foot print for desk top.

I have felt compelled to attempt my first review after recently building Bottleheads premium diy headphone amplifier offering the Bottlehead Mainline. I have built a few of their kits now and the Mainlines abilities have really stood out from other amps I have built or owned in the past.  The design is about a year old but the linage and some of the techniques Bottlehead have developed and used in its topology can be traced back much further and has trickled down from their highly regarded custom headphone and speaker amplifier designs.   There are only a couple of reviews about so thought it would be a good idea to...