Great detailed sound but ...

A Review On: Bose QuietComfort 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

Bose QuietComfort 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

Rated # 17 in Noise-Canceling
Noise Cacellation
adam1977

Pros: Great clarity and balanced exellent stereo sound.

Cons: Leaking sound, low volume on the mobile phone

I am still testing them having initial strong thoughts to return them straight back. The issue is that I really dont like leaking sound headphones as mostly using them among other people (gym, plane, jogging etc)

Other even bigger issue is that on my Galaxy Note the volume level is so low that you cant even hear the music (sound is like you were wearing a plastic bag on your head and the headphones on top of it) All in all, I was almost on my way back to the store when I sarted thinking about the reason for all this and about other headphones leaking sound badly like Dr Dre series . Decided to give them another chance and tried them using my laptop. Wow, what a difference! Listened mostly classical music and must say it is very impressive (although worth mentioning that never had £300 headphones before, only tested in the store).

As I am not very experienced with the expensive equipment (but like good music and know that more expensive not always mean better sound) those so far has blown me away with detail, stereo levels, clarity, great balance between bass, midst and highs and to be honest when listening at night (piece and quiet to focus on the music) ending up going to sleep at 2,3 am listening for hours. I dont want to put them away. The music is really live and you can feel you are in the hall listening to concert not sitting on the couch with the headgear.

I know there are plenty of people not liking Bose and maybe they are right to whatever they are saying but for the beginners in the more expensive gear those would definately do the job. But remember, not on your mobie phone. I am still looking for a solution to that problem with low volume and nothing as yet.

these are good cans-- should be half the price.. I like the qc 15 more, they are not worth the price also once the nc is on.. someone closes the door behind you and you can hear a very disturbing 'thud' in the music lol!!
Lol, a 4 for value and a 4.5 for audio?
Great clarity... *facepalm*
Give FiiO a try for your sound level problem...
I am actually very happy with my Bose QC3, they really cancel the out-side noise very well. For my music, however, I use my Sennheiser IE6 then put my QC3 on the top of them with noise cancellation on, a great isolation from your noise surrounding!