Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Bose®AE2 audio headphones › Reviews › Hifi Man's Review

These are the headphones for me

A Review On: Bose®AE2 audio headphones

Bose®AE2 audio headphones

Hifi Man

Pros: Supremely Comfortable, Awesome Soundstage

Cons: They have a bad reputation (not really a con), cable kind of cheap

I have used and adored the Bose AE2 headphones for years. When I say I've used them for years, I mean I've really USED them. I have no doubt that I've used these headphones for thousands of hours. They work for everything. I fall asleep with them on every day, I go running with them and get them soaked in sweat. I've even wore them in pouring rain. These headphones have withstood the test of time. These headphones stack up to just about every other pair of headphones I have owned. They trample the Sennheiser Momentum and Sennheiser amperior headphones in terms of comfort. They're portable as opposed to the other headphones I've tried like the Hifiman HE-400, AKG K240, Grado sr80i, and Sony V6. They're also good for bike riding because they isolate from wind noise. These headphones also have excellent separation. When I'm listening to metal music, I feel immersed in the music, and there's not too much bass intruding on the other sound frequencies like the Sennheiser Momentums. I'm no audiophile, but I definitely think these headphones sound better than the headphones that cost more than twice as much.

So you may be thinking, WHOA, this random dude is saying some mind boggling stuff. Well whatever, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind who already thinks bose is crap, and I honestly have no idea why people think that in the first place. I say if someone wants a pair of headphones to use for doing everything in, not to be used out of a desktop amplifier and dac, but instead out of their iPod like I like to use mine, hands down my vote goes to the Bose AE2. These headphones will love you, and you will love these headphones.

I actually really liked their QC15 headphone. But since it's Bose, everyone just bashes them and thinks I'm crazy. >_<
Interesting.Ive noticed that you like extreme music like me so ill give these a try.
Bought these awhile ago to try them actually. Liked the comfort and build it's uber lightweight. But the sound didn't click for me, maybe i'll try them again.