Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 › Reviews › kimvictor's Review

Simply one of the best portables

A Review On: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350

Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350

kimvictor
Posted · Updated · 21142 Views · 2 Comments

Pros: Spectacular bass, rich mids. Supreme clarity and detail. Isolation.

Cons: Small soundstage, clamping

Simply spectacular phones.

DT1350 is a very unique headphone with a warmish natural sound. I am yet to hear anything like this. It has very punchy as satisfying bass, rich yet not too forward mids, and smooth and extended highs. However, what is important is the clarity and detail. DT1350 is better than SE535, costing $200 more, in terms of detail and clarity.

About myself: http://www.head-fi.org/t/674373/story-of-a-new-reviewer-kimvictor

Here is by break down:

Sub bass: Well extended and deep

Mid bass: Punchy and impactful

Lower mid: Slightly thick and rich

Upper mid: Clear and slightly forward

Lower treble: Clean and detailed.

Upper Treble: Well extended and smooth, but lacks air.

Soundstage: Small. More like an iem than a headphone.

Clarity: Very good. Although not at the level of SRH940, it's better than SE535 and M50.

Detail: Very good as well. One of the best details I've heard. Slightly less detail than SRH940.

Isolation: Good. Almost iem level isolation, but comes with sacrifices.

Clamping: This is the sacrifice. It's tight. For the first month, I felt pain in my ears, but it's getting better.

Source/Amping: I didn't think that it really benefited much from Magni/Modi, but it may be due to bad synergy. I'll report back once I have Leckerton UHA-6S MKII.

Just last week, I decided sell most of my gear besides ones I love to fund a amp/dac for my UERM. I sold SE535, AD700, M50, X20 and kept SRH940 and DT1350. There is a clear reason. They are just simply class above everything I've sold. Very impressed.

Update: For got to mention other portables. I was also looking at momentum, hd-25ii, and esw9a. Momentum failed as it was bit too bassy and didn't have that mid I was looking for. It did have pretty good clarity and detail. HD-25II seemed fun, but didn't fit with my acoustic music. ESW9a was most considered, buy it had rather bad clarity, so I dropped it.

Also, I have to mention that DT1350 sounds very full, which is a good thing for me.

Update 5/22/13:

Thankfully, it pairs well with Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII. These Leckertons are awesome. They deserve more recognition.

Update 5/27/13:

Siblilance: DT1350 is the least sibilant of all gears I own. Amount of sibilance is similar to HD598, which has close to 0 sibilance.

Update: 6/2/13:

DT1350 compared to other hps: http://www.head-fi.org/t/665919/100-300-headphones-shootout-ath-m50-vs-ath-ad700-vs-hd598-vs-srh940-vs-dt1350-v6-coming-soon#post_9492283

Update: 6/18/13

Price on these are dropping! New version of them are out. They have bigger earpads, replaceable headband, and coiled cable. No difference in drivers though. I'm adjusting the value because it's cheaper now!

Please ask if you have any questions.

sorry, but how does detailing get 'worse' ? it can get lesser or better .. but worse ?
Wrong phrasing. I meant that there is less detail than SRH940. Sorry for the confusion. I'll edit it.