Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone Reviews

Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone Reviews

Showing 3 4-star reviews (see all 11 reviews)

hk1388

Best headphones I've heard yet

Pros: Bass, Treble, Overall very balanced neutral

Cons: Non-removal cable

This was supposed to be an extremely short review of the Beyerdynamic T90 after owning them for several weeks. Didn’t really notice the sound changing (burn-in) as I’ve owned them. Setup is a custom built desktop running Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu Gnome 14.10. Music sources are FLAC files played through Foobar2K and streaming Google Play Music. I used ifi nano > ifi micro ican > T90.   Ergonomics Beyer as usual knocked the ball out of the park. I never thought something would be as comfortable as the DT990, but Beyer has outdone themselves. Clamping is light. Almost feels like you have nothing on your head allowing you to get lost in the music. The pads are microfiber. No...
windplr

A superb headphone at a reasonable price.

Pros: Detailed, elegant sounding. Outstanding comfort. Well balanced.

Cons: Occasional piercing treble (depending on recording)

My first review on head-fi.  I have only had the T90s for a few weeks, and have maybe 30 hours of listening time so far.  I have mainly been listening to ripped CDs (44.1khz/16) and some HD 96Khz/24 recordings.  I've also listened to some 320kbs streaming audio.  My audio path is a Macbook pro to an O2/ODAC via USB.  I also have a DacMagicXS that I use at work.   I came to the T90s from a set of ATH-M50 cans.  Putting on the T90s was a revelation.  I never realized how much more music there was to the recordings, in almost all cases.   One of my personal peeves regarding playback systems in general, is a tendency for many to emphasize one...
beyerlove

Brilliant sound open back Tesla headphones

Pros: bright high, high resolution, wide soundstage

Cons: not to be straight succesor of established DT990

Extremely comfortable, wide sound-stage open back headphones with Tesla technology. The bass is not strong as that of DT990, and super-treble (above 10kHz) is not prominent as DT990, but still, this is excellent headphones.   Vocal is clear, attack of drums is surprisingly vivid. This is not for those who looking for straight successor of DT990 series,  but recommended anyone who wants to enjoy pops, rock, techno with brilliant sound and wider soundstage.