Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic T5p › Reviews › Szadzik's Review

Best portable.

A Review On: Beyerdynamic T5p

Beyerdynamic T5p

Szadzik

Pros: Soundstage, transparency, details.

Cons: Weigt and size when considering portability.

I will see how these perorm in the long run.

EDIT:

I have had these for a few months now with a few hundred hours on them too. I use them with Meier Audio Stepdance portable amp and my laptop - a DAC to be purchased.

I have to say that in the beginning I was realy overwhelmed by the brightness of these phones. Stepdance did help with that though, and a lot. After around a hunder hours the harsh brightness disappeared, at least partially and now these are great phones.

They are extremely detailed and transparent. They provide great sound stage with good positioning - especially for a closed headphone.

The only grape for some might be the bass - it is not very heavy and really only is there if you use a good amp like Stepdance.

They provide quite good isolation - just enough for portable use. They have a bit of clamp, but if stretched a bit become very comfortable - if not tiny bit heavy.

I would not suggest using these without a nice portable amp.

Comments: