Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Beyerdynamic T51P › Beyerdynamic T51P Reviews

Beyerdynamic T51P Reviews

R12wan

T51p vs Momentum over ear vs Momentum on ear vs B&W P3

Pros: Superb headphones with balanced sound and good PRAT

Cons: Cable is a little annoying and it's not the best looking

Hi. I've been looking everywhere for reviews for the new T51p and couldn't find much out there. So got them anyway and thought I'd share my thoughts. I have with me the T51p, B&W P3, Momentum on ear and Momentum over ear. First, I am going to discount the P3. It just didn't compete with the others with what I perceived to be veiled vocals and poor separation. I also didn't like the Momentum on ear's too much and didn't find them too comfortable. Sound stage wasn't as good as the over ear's and they were a little too bassey. The Momentum Over Ear's and T51p's I thought were both very very good and also very similar. Both had in my opinion a very balanced sound. I did however think the...
twister6

Premium performance I never expected from on-ear design (T51i)

Pros: high quality sound, excellent bass performance, solid build, very comfortable fitment, in-line remote/mic

Cons: no detachable cables, slightly recessed mids

I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic.  I received these for review purpose from Beyerdynamic, and these should be available for sale any day now (considering this review was written on 4/21).   Though I enjoy a comfort of big over-ear headphones, those are not always practical on the go with your portable audio setup of either smartphone or DAP. As a compromise, using on-ear headphones (sitting on top of your ears, rather than around 'over' them) makes it more portable, but at an expense of worse sound isolation, poor fitment, and reduction in sound quality. Sounds like a...