Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › beyerdynamic T50p › beyerdynamic T50p Reviews

beyerdynamic T50p Reviews

Positive Reviews

gotak

Good, even if other people say bad things about it

Pros: Treble, mids, size

Cons: Design, cost cutting in areas, hairs get stuck when adjusting, bass will not quite some people

On clearence as there are T51p and dt1350s now so I went ahead and got these for use on the road and in the office. The other phones I own right now are the over ear momentums so this review is in some ways a comparison.    I was a bit apprehensive due to the negative reviews here on head-fi from some owners. But I was somewhat pleasently surprised when I received them.   Build, looks and comfort:   The momentums win this one hands down. The T50ps has more of a raw industrial look to them, while the Momentums looks like (to me anyhow) a set of classy headphones. This is sitting on the desk, wearing them I have to say the T50p looks better while being worn....

Negative Reviews

kungmarten

What did I just buy?

Pros: Nice fit

Cons: Audio quality

DISCLAIMER: I've not listened more than 20 hours on them.   If these headphones doesn't tur water into wine during the next 80 hours of listening, I declare these headphones as the worst buy ever.    The first time listening to these headphones left me with an impression of bad bass and great vocal quality. My hope was that the bad bass would turn into at least acceptible levels after a while. This has not happened. Also, the vocals, to me, sound like played through a tin can.  Do not buy these unless you only listen to bad music.    EDIT: After two weeks I finally squeezed some bass out of them, but only after careful placement on...

More Reviews

headed

Better than expected

Pros: Has it all

Cons: Need to EQ the curve and add an extra ear pad on to the existing one.

Hi, just want to tell everyone wondering over the sensitivity of the t50p regarding positioning over the ear. I was initially disappointed with this peculiar behaviour of the ear phone when I first got them. Also, there were particular "standing waves" at certain frequencies that disturbed, at least, me.   I bought mine slightly used, and the guy selling them contributed an extra pair of ear pads. These were also softer than the original ones, also a little bit thinner.  I got the idea to mount these ear pads straight on to the original ones, to get a little bigger "acoustic room" than before. And, behold (!), the positioning sensitivity was gone! The ...
Twinster

My Favorite office Headphone

Pros: Detail, Clear, Precise

Cons: So far so good.

I'm using the T50P with my Centrance Dacport in my office and I'm in paradise. I did the usual burning of about 150 hours and used them every day since and can only praise for the amazing SQ I'm getting. I was a bit afraid of the sizing issue but didn't have any problem finding the proper adjustement and positioning is not an issue. listening to Radiohead, Jesse Cook, Yo-yo Ma or Marillion is just fantastic. I even favor them to my DT990/600 at home. Enjoy!