Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › beyerdynamic T50p

beyerdynamic T50p

Pros: Nice fit

Cons: Audio quality

DISCLAIMER: I've not listened more than 20 hours on them.

If these headphones doesn't tur water into wine during the next 80 hours of listening, I declare these headphones as the worst buy ever.

The first time listening to these headphones left me with an impression of bad bass and great vocal quality. My hope was that the bad bass would turn into at least acceptible levels after a while. This has not happened. Also, the vocals, to me, sound like played through a tin can.

Do not buy these unless you only listen to bad music.

EDIT: After two weeks I finally squeezed some bass out of them, but only after careful placement on the ear. 2 millimeters off and they sound like crap again. So I nudge the sound quality up one step, but still, they are not very good.

Pros: Has it all

Cons: Need to EQ the curve and add an extra ear pad on to the existing one.

Hi, just want to tell everyone wondering over the sensitivity of the t50p regarding positioning over the ear. I was initially disappointed with this peculiar behaviour of the ear phone when I first got them. Also, there were particular "standing waves" at certain frequencies that disturbed, at least, me.

I bought mine slightly used, and the guy selling them contributed an extra pair of ear pads. These were also softer than the original ones, also a little bit thinner.  I got the idea to mount these ear pads straight on to the original ones, to get a little bigger "acoustic room" than before. And, behold (!), the positioning sensitivity was gone! The "standing waves" were also gone! With this little tweak I am listening with great satisfaction.

I really suggest anyone having these ear phones to try this out. It was a "new" sound to me.

It would really be nice to hear from any of you, if you had the same experience as I did.

Also, using EQ to dampen the big spike around 10-16 khz, dampen the mid 250-1000 Hz a little and and increase a little around 4 khz gave extra life to them.

Hear you later  :)

Pros: Detail, Clear, Precise

Cons: So far so good.

I'm using the T50P with my Centrance Dacport in my office and I'm in paradise. I did the usual burning of about 150 hours and used them every day since and can only praise for the amazing SQ I'm getting. I was a bit afraid of the sizing issue but didn't have any problem finding the proper adjustement and positioning is not an issue. listening to Radiohead, Jesse Cook, Yo-yo Ma or Marillion is just fantastic. I even favor them to my DT990/600 at home.

Enjoy!

beyerdynamic T50p

Audiophile-level portable-use 'on-ear' headphone from Germany. 32 Ohm impedance perfect for use with portable player devices of all kinds. Astonishing frequency response of 10Hz ~ 23,000kHz. (description from HeadRoom) >>> T 50 p received the EISA award “European Mobile Headphone of the year 2010-2011” <<< The T 50 p opens up new dimensions with its highest demands in sound quality and superior materials. The Tesla technology newly developed by beyerdynamic is now also used in headphones for mobiles. Whether on your way to work, college or travelling by train or airplane, the supraaural T 50 p shields external noise with its closed design. The efficient Tesla transformers provide extraordinarily precise and detailed sound. They even perform well with low-spec mobile players. With their slimline shape marked by simplicity and elegance, the smooth lightness of the T 50 p is also a winner for its appearance. There is no longer anything standing in the way of ultimate music enjoyment on portable devices, wherever you may be. iPhone compatible & MP3 ready.

No one has edited this wiki yet - be the first! The headings below are just suggestions; feel free to make your own.

Related Media/Links:

Add related videos, links to item guides, etc.

Troubleshooting/Known Issues:

Had an issue other users should know about? Put it here.

How To:

Advice on installation, customization, and anything else.

T50p Product Information p2.jpg

Related Items and Accessories:

Not necessarily items within the community, just any other recommendations.

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › beyerdynamic T50p