Don't understand all of the hype

A Review On: Beyerdynamic / Headphile Darth Beyer V3 (DT770)

Beyerdynamic / Headphile Darth Beyer V3 (DT770)

jbarr1989

Pros: Stunning to look at

Cons: Sloppy bass, recessed mids and treble

Let me start by saying that these were absolutely beautiful.  Everyone I know who saw them commented on how nice they looked.  My only complaint about the looks would be the re-cable job.  Heat shrink was done unevenly on each side (one side actually had two pieces overlapped over each other and the other side had one that was noticeably shorter).  Now to the sound... not for me.  I have a hard time imagining that anyone would be crazy about these headphones for anything other than the way they look.  They sound muddy as can be, lacking clarity in every way.  The bass is quite bloated and poor quality and I would say that they actually have less bass than some of the headphones I have (Pro 900s, LCD-2s).  I did a side by side comparison with the Pro900s (with one of my friends as well who isn't really into headphones, so totally unbiased) and the Pro900s sounded considerably better in every single way with every single thing thrown at them.  I can't think of one good thing to say about these other than their looks and I really, really wanted to like these.

Comments: