Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic ET1000

Beyerdynamic ET1000

Pros: Balanced without being flat or cold

Cons: Unconfortable on long sessions

Before I start, I want to point some things:

I bought this cans from user bruma on the forum, and I want to thank him for the deal, the almost-paranoic packaging used to send the cans and all the useful info he has provided me.

Also, he made some restoration on this cans, so this impressions can not be true for an untouched ET1000.

Last thing I want to point is that I'm not a native english speaker, nor do I have a formal training in the language, and I'm bad at describing how stuff sounds even in my mother languages. So this is more a shy attempt to leave some information reflected for future reference -as I could find almost no info on this cans before buying them- than anything else.

The quick sumary on how they sound is that bass is less strong than in my DT770 -only other pair of "serious" headphones I have to compair-, but it is clean and well defined, and all the other frequencies sounds great, everything is well separated and nothing prevails, but it is not sounding flat, cold or excesively analytic. There is a grainy quality in the sound, but nothing big or disturbing, at least for me.

They perform well with all music I have put on them, but they seems a perfect match for jazz and classical.

Worst point for this headphone is that they are unconfortable when used on long periods. Some user on the forum comented on using some Sony pads on them: I will try them and update this review as soon as I receive them.

Beyerdynamic ET1000

First electrostatic in Germany (1976)?

No one has edited this wiki yet - be the first! The headings below are just suggestions; feel free to make your own.

Related Media/Links:

Add related videos, links to item guides, etc.

here is a passage from the interview:

The Klaus Blum Interview - 47 years beyerdynamic experience
von beyerdynamic, Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2011 um 05:03

Mr. Blum: We only manufactured one electrostatic headphone, the ET 1000. It was a great headphone, which was also well received within the market. Admittedly it was pretty expensive and therefore not sold a lot. So, on the one hand a drawback was its high price due to the fact that the assembly of electrostatic headphones is more complex than the assembly of dynamic headphones, and on the other hand a drawback was the fact that those headphones need an additional power-supply, which is not needed for the use of dynamic headphones. By the way, I assembled the first sample of the ET 1000. The injection parts were all made in-house, which is still the same nowadays – we produce many production parts ourselves.

Troubleshooting/Known Issues:

Had an issue other users should know about? Put it here.

How To:

Advice on installation, customization, and anything else.

I would like to share my experience with different types of diaphragma material: the thinnest mylar (2 micron) did not sound best and I got the best result with a 4.8 micron mylar c. The sound is balanced and the bass extension is the deepest that I could get compared to other material. Then the coating needed more conductivity compared to other headphones like the micro seiki for example. The sensitivity is otherwise too low.

Related Items and Accessories:

Not necessarily items within the community, just any other recommendations.

This headphone works great with the stax normal bias amplifiers.

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic ET1000