Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE Earphones › beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE Earphones Reviews

beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE Earphones Reviews

Positive Reviews

Shonen84

Stylishly competent

Pros: + Looks + Comfortable + Powerful bass, flat but present mids, rolled off yet detailed highs, usually good separation + EQable

Cons: +- Dark sound signature - Lack of sub-bass detail, bass can be boomy - Impact not consistently present - Classical lacks detail and space

In short: + Stylish looks + Comfortable + Powerful bass reproduction, flat but present mids, rolled off yet detailed and even sparkly highs, usually good separation + EQ-able +- "Dark" sound signature, tends to favor the bass and lower mids. Not perfectly analytical nor overly musical +- Best for pop and pop/rock - Lack of sub-bass detail, bass can be boomy - Impact not consistently present - Classical lacks detail and space After 6 years my old Creative EP-630s are..actually still going strong. But the slight tear in the silicone tip was enough justification for me to look out for another pair, lol. After extensive research (read: Google Ads and Amazon admails) I ran...

Negative Reviews

incidentflux

Not sure what to make of their sound

Pros: Very comfortable

Cons: Sound's flat, hardly any bass

I recently bought the beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm headphones, and they're worth it. beyerdynamic being so well respected, I went for their DTX 101 iE Earphones, they look great, feel fantastic, no comfort issues. But In my opinion they sound terrible. My 15+ year old Aiwa Sound GT earphones sound better. They sound dull, flat and lifeless.    FYI they also hiss badly with my portable headphone amp (FiiO E11). These are low impedance, so an amp is not required at all.

More Reviews

vinokurov

Excellent headphones!

Pros: natural sound

Cons: hard wire

Highbred and well-balanced sound, light and comfortable. This is the best for the classical music (for the price), also very impressive for metal, pop and other.  Very delicate high, beautiful and informative middle. Bass is not smeared as in Sennheiser and no annoying acid in mid and high range.  The biggest drawback - oaky wire. In all other respects it excellent headphones.
yamdiver

Beyerdynamic DTX101 iE

Pros: All excellent, has real bass which benefits from a good equaliser

Cons: none, these are top for the money for every type of music

I did loads of research for in-ear canal phones for my phone which have stellar bass and do not compromise mid and top range. The DTX 101 iE phones had a few promising reviews so I took a chance, trusting the brand and the specs. My other phones are Sennheiser 25 SPII and Denon  AH-C551. The few reviews I read of the 101 iE said these are fantastic and have very deep bass capability which is not pushy on a flat setting but can be boosted with a good equalizer.   I hardly ever do reviews but these met my needs completely and I whole heartedly recommend them. I use the MixZing media player which has a great equaliser on my HTC Android 2.2 phone. They are really comfortable...