Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohm › Reviews › Coupe's Review

First audiophile grade headphones

A Review On: Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohm

Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohm

Coupe
Posted · 19422 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: Vibrant, Deep clear bass, sound stage is huge and very accurate, precise no wasted enegry.

Cons: Some sweat and slight ear fatigue (room is hot). Highs can be too high for some.

These are my first audiophile grade headphones so forgive my vocabulary.

I use them primarily to listen to Trance.

I have no other headphones to compare.

They are paired with a Millet Hybrid MiniMax Amp.

I will just say that for my listening choice these headphones feel perfect.  The bass is mostly clear and precise and goes as deep as necessary.  They bass isn't too much where it hides the rest of the music.  It feels natural and just a part of the flow.

It really makes me ... to listen to my system in my car sometimes because the quality of these headphones make me want more out of car audio.

Some people point out about the recessed mids and over the top highs.  I can understand how sometimes the mids may be not as good as they should be.  I can feel that way sometimes, but I am not sure if that is just peoples comments getting into my head.  As far as the highs, I just get used to it.  Also I use the noise sharpener for foobar to correct it as necessary.

Overall as my first step into head fi I am very very pleased with the combination I have now.

You can't go wrong with these.

Comments: