Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm › Reviews › giantrobot503's Review

One of the most well rounded headphones I've ever owned.

A Review On: Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm

giantrobot503
Posted · 4299 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Near perfect spectrum and stage, durable, comfortable, great for discrete night use.

Cons: Velour pads are a must, some may find the cord too short

If you're like me you buy headphones with the intent of putting them through the wringer. I wanted headphones that would enable me to listen to music, watch TV/movies and play video games as much as I pleased. I scoured forums, marketplaces and even blogs to find a pair of headphones that were truly balanced, comfortable, durable and discrete. The Beyerdrynamic DT770 Pro L.E. 32 Ohms were the headphones that came out victorious, and they definitely fulfilled their promise.

To start let's talk about audio quality. Lows are punchy and clean but never go overboard, mids are crisp and detailed while the highs really shine. The sound stage is quite impressive so your material really does come to life while wearing these. Another important note is that these cans DO NOT LEAK. You can really crank these up without letting anyone around you listen in.

Comfort and durability wise this set is solid in both regards. Designed to be used in a rigorous studio and field environment, there's nothing you can do at home to hurt these. But that aside I must say that the add-on velour pads are a must. The headphones themselves are over ear, meaning they don't touch your ear in any way, but pleather is just an awful choice on Beyerdynamic's part. With the velour pads you can wear these for hours on end. Which I end up doing from time to time.

The Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm is a smart choice for anyone looking for "workhorse" headphones. Albeit a bit pricey, you do get what your pay for. They sound great, have solid construction and handle all forms of media well. Highly recommended.

1 Comment:

Love mine too! I've had about 5 other pairs of similarly and higher-priced full-sized cans, closed and open, come and go since getting these, and the LEs are here to stay for sure. Gaming or music, psytrance or classical, acoustic or electric...they do it all pretty well for my tastes and I am now looking for IEMs that can match them :) Got my eyes on the W30 currently...