Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Beyerdynamic DT48a › Beyerdynamic DT48a Reviews

Beyerdynamic DT48a Reviews

kool bubba ice

The other DT48

Pros: Highest fidelity. Very low distortion. Clean & un colored sound. Mind numbing detail, resolve, & clarity. Neutrality. Transparency. Mid range.

Cons: Overly analtyical. Not made for music. Bass is overly source dependent. Severe high roll off. Treble extension seems to be muted. Small sound stage.

The DT48a was my first taste of the DT48. These are audio metric headphones. They sound vastly different then non audio metric DT48 models. Some could argue they sound 'laid back,' 'polite,' & lean on the dark side IMO. Usually headphones get burned in. The opposite is true with the DT48a. They burn in your ears. At first listen I didn't know what to think of them, but they reminded me of the K1000 in certain ways.. I found that odd since in some ways they are the total opposite of each other.. But both share great transparency, instrument timbre, neutrality, & offer a very life like mid range.   I listened to the DT48a for 4 days straight. After this I listened to the...