Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones Reviews

Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones Reviews

ayaflo

brilliant movie hps

Pros: comfort, immersive sound, quality , spacing , durability

Cons: cable could be detachable(nitpicking)

let me start with the common confusion of burning in cans!! with a huge amount of forums that generally end in personal arguments, i am completely quizzed if im to believe in it or otherwise.. however, its not much of a loss to try it out as they can only bring out the true sonic characteristics of a headphone, if at all there are any..an example being my xb500s change in sound once burnt in, but it wasn't the same with the shure se 535(then again BAs need no burn in or so is the talk) , at the time of this writing i've given the dt 990 pros a 100 odd hours of white, pink,brown noise profiles and music . they were pathetic straight out of my laptop...so i started to burn flac...
areek

One of the best for the price

Pros: Clarity, Soundstage, Details,. Price, Comfort, build quality, Design

Cons: Sibilant, A bit too much bass, Slightly recessed mids

Hey, this is my 1st review in head-fi forums & I am by no means a critic, so this will be a qualitative newbie review. 1st of all, I'll let you guys know that I've got them at an amazing price of just 144.99$ through a momentary sale going on for these cans. I previously had the Ultrasone HFI 580, so my review will be somewhat based on their comparison as well. I'll be breaking the review down to packaging & accessories, build, sound etc.    Packaging & accessories- The headphones come in a simple white box. One side is covered with transparent plastic through which you can see one side of the headphones with Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250ohm written on it. On...
Chiek

Glorious Symphony No. 5 in C minor by Beethoven and Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky etc.

Pros: Audio is superb - Excellent differentiation of details, wide expansive glorius concert hall classical music; extremely comfortable.

Cons: Need headphone amplifiers to enjoy bass for rock music

I have the 600 ohm model. So a headphone amplifier is obligatory especially if you are hard of hearing from too much loud music. I reserve this for classical music and home use. Just pure indulgence to the ears for pure magnificent and expansive concert hall experience. Perfect companion to classical music.    Try it with Mikhail Pletnev – Swan Lake, Op. 20: Act II By a Lake: No. 13. Dances of the swans: VI. Tempo di valse or Mikhail Pletnev – Swan Lake, Op. 20: Act II By a Lake: No. 13. Dances of the swans: V. Andante - Allegro because the audio experience is simply magnificent.
Mshenay

The Heavy Hitting Beyer Dt 990 Pro

Pros: Dynamics, Sound Stage Width, Bass, delicate mids, airy treble

Cons: 3D Imaging Not the best, Too much bass at times

Beyerdyanmic Dt 990 Pro 250 ohm [Price $190 New]   Source Win 7[Foobar2000 WASAPI] -> oDac -> MonoPrice Premium Coaxial Cables -> Matrix M Stage [0 /+18 db Gain Lme 49990 OpAmp]   The Beyer Can, having a higher impedance reaches it's optimal sound at 18 gain, volume is adjust accordingly   Compared against modified Audio Technica w1000x [Stock $350 Refurbished-After mods $500]    8/9 Songs are without EQ, Benga-Invasion does feature an EQ by my self. This should demonstrate the ability of a headphone to handle EQ.   My second primary headphone. I've had it for around 6 months now, and shame on me for not posting a review sooner. It was so wonderful, I suppose it didn't need...
benjisun

very good with a dedicated amp

Pros: very confortable, very open, good build quality

Cons: need and expensive amp to show its real potential

I use this one a lot and like it for its clarity and specialy on acoustic and classic genre it have a very good potential.   The sound improve a lot with a high end amplifier and for example the issue for people who find it too shy on bass comes often from their source.   I found the mids a little bit recessed on this one but with a decent amp it's something not to bad.    Good overall I think its one of the most confortable headphone I tried except the HD800 that do better but very good for long listening sessions.   You can see an other review here: http://ftwaudio.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/beyerdinamic-dt-990-pro-review/
husssaid

Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Review

Pros: Exceptional sound quality, wide frequency range with full details, extreemly low distortion levels, velour pading for confort

Cons: sound leakage, no sound isolation, look bulky, non detachable cable

Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO