Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Beyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohm › Beyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohm Reviews

Beyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohm Reviews

Koolpep

Close to perfect (for me)

Pros: Soundstage, detail, bass, fun

Cons: need burn in

Just a quick review.   A local dealer closed his shop and sold off his Beyerdynamic stock for very attractive prices. I couldn't help and purchased a T50p and a DT 880 Premium from him.   I never owned a Beyerdynamic before, but Sennheiser, Ultrasone, Shure, Ultimate Ears, Koss etc. and finally wanted to find out if the "Beyer" sound is something for me.    In short: yes it is and I can highly recommend these headphones to everyone who looks for a all in one headphone. It's engaging, fun, crisp and detailed and has a nice soundstage. And it has a very nice sounding bass.    I am running them on various DACs and Amps but my preferred...
BlackbeardBen

Where'd my mids go?

Pros: Quite detailed, great soundstage, tight bass

Cons: Lifeless, recessed mids and somewhat bass light. Bright and quite harsh sounding, as a result.

Just a note: The price paid is used, off of Craigslist.   I wanted to like these - the build quality is absolutely beautiful!  The aluminum forks, stainless cup backings, and luxurious headband exude quality, but I just couldn't get over the sound signature.   Yes, they're very detailed.  However, it seemed more as a result of the recessed mids and bass than sheer resolution.  Everything that lives and dies in the midrange - vocals, horns, saxes, guitars, and so on - sounded dull and lifeless.  Cymbals and snare hits sounded great, on the other hand - but the treble often sounds quite harsh to my ears.  The bass, while a little on the light...