Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones › Reviews › sugarkang's Review

Super All-Rounder For Bass Lovers

A Review On: beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones

beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones

Rated # 524 in Headphones
Amazon.com
sugarkang
Posted · 3444 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Does most music well.

Cons: Doesn't do anything perfectly. Expensive

Having realized that I'd never like Sennheisers because of their lack of bass,

I went off to find Germans that appreciated bass.

Enter the 770s.  The folks at Beyer realize that if you want a headphone to be all "mids" then all you have to do is use your default ipod earbuds.  The true mark of garbage headphones are the ones that cannot do frequencies on either end of the spectrum.  Either too high or too low.  They sound like clock radio speakers, if you will.

The 770s are not those.  These have low lows and high highs, to the point of being sibilant.  I had to roll my treble off a bit to be comfortable.  But once you do that, these phones are awesome.  I ended up selling these after A/Bing with my 880s.  The 880s have a little LESS bass, and a tiny bit MORE mids.  The treble is about the same on both.

If I had money to buy one can, it would be the 770s.  Since I'm not limited to just one can, I opted for 880s and another set to do low bass properly.

These are great all round cans, but a bit pricey.  They are pretty comfortable over long sessions as well.

1 Comment:

But is the bass impactfull?