Nice headphone for Audio Engineers!

A Review On: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms

TrueIndeedMusic

Pros: Design, Comfort, Durability, Soundstage, Value, and they are great for mixing.

Cons: I hear these as too harsh without the extra power from an amplifier.

All I'm going to say is that in terms of audio professionals these are really a bargain and qualified for the job.

I know that many audiophiles prefer studio reference monitor-like headphones, but I can't make the excuse that these sound harsh when I'm mixing. They exposed flaws in my mixes the first time I reviewed a track with them. The extra bass response that might sound loose or muddy in some tracks allowed me to tighten up the bass in my own tracks, and not just ignore it when I put these on.

Initially I purchased these headphones for walking around listening, but once I heard them I decided to use them for the tracking, mixing, and mastering and take my Shure SRH940s with me instead. Mostly for the reason that these do not get loud enough for me to commute with, almost, but not quite there.

I recommend these headphones to people who would like to be considered audio professionals. Anyone who likes to analyse sound & not necessarily music itself will get a great result from these. I still recommend always analysing with at least two different pairs of headphones anyway though.

P.S I like the room of the headphone, the speakers do not touch your ears which probably improves the sound stage in some way.

Thanks,