Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms Reviews

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms Reviews

sixly

For The Price These Are Brilliant All-Rounders.

Pros: Every type of music that comes out of these sounds very good. Period. Maybe not perfect, but it performs extremely well regardless.

Cons: Struggles with the very low and very high end of the frequency spectrum at times. Very rarely. Price if not on sale.

If you are like me and listen to a wide variety of music then look no further than the beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.  God bless the Germans.  Top quality construction and sounds brilliant across a broad range of musical genres.  Great price on Amazon to top it all off.  Couldn't be happier.
LordOctron

Very nice allrounders

Pros: Very comfy / Overall good sound quality / Nice lows / Price

Cons: No significant cons

Sound: Overall good sounding. My DT880 might sound somewhat more refined in the mids and highs, but in the lows and especially in the low-lows the DT770 beat em. They are probably my 2nd favorite closed headphone, right after my beloved Denon AH-D2000 (which seem to outperform all other headphones I tried). I think it's a good idea to EQ this cans, by slightly raising the mids and minimally taming the highs you can really improve the sound of this cans.   Comfort: The DT770/880/990 Pro are the most comfortable cans i tried, thumbs up!   Recommendation: Try em! It's simple as that...
jcagara08

bang of buck set of cans

Pros: Price - Build Quality - Sound - Customizable

Cons: higher impedance (mid range) needs a decent amp/dac and source

I won mine at an eBay auction, slightly used and all reviews really live up to the fullest except for some over hyped cans which I have also tested before I decided to have this set. So to presume mine has already burned in, was thinking of making it as my main home rig but I need to find a decent amp to unleash its might wherein my Fiio E17 couldn't contrary to the rave of this combo. I am using it mainly as a gaming headset as I have a very sluggish laptop and it takes a while set this baby up. I use it with my xbox - analog optical audio adapter - optical cable to the fiio e17 and finally this DT Pro 770 Pro and I could say it really has a solid performance, always I am on MW3...
powerhouse64

Excellent headphones with nice sound stage and lots of detail, at an affordable price

Pros: Good sound stage despite closed design; very detailed; good bass with tight grip; extremely comfortable even when wearing glasses; fair price

Cons: No replacable/plugable cable; require amp; a little low in the mids

I've spent most of my life with open type cans. A year ago, after moving into an apartment, we decided to make some changes which necessitated me to get closed headphones. This way I would not disturb my wife and vice versa, I wouldn't be disturbed by the noise of others.   For various reasons - price being one of them (no more than $200) - I chose the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm.   Audio setup: CD collection ripped to flac -> Gmusicbrowser / ALSA on Linux using a bitperfect configuration -> Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card with integrated headphone amp -> DT770 (using the cards headphone amp output)   The first impression is that they are extremely...
MarvyMarvy

Audiophile headphones at an affordable price

Pros: Wide soundstage, extremely comfortable, blocks out sound, people can't hear your music, very durable, good for all music, best allrounders under 500$

Cons: heavy cord, you will need a good source to get the best out of these.

I am completely re-doing my review on these headphones because I think that these cans deserve it!   I would say that the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 250 ohm are the best closed back headphones under 500$ or even perhaps 1000$ if you have a good enough source to bring out their full potential.  I say this because these headphones offer a true uncolored sound that stays truthful thoughtout the whole frequency response.  Nothing is boosted in any way but these are tuned to deliver a completely flat response with little to no distortion.   Bass : The bass is strong, tight, controlled, and does not get boomy or muddy unless the song itself is not properly recorded.  ...
sebkurnia

Solid Cans

Pros: Pretty big soundstage for closed back. Tight, punchy bass, nice highs, super comfortable. Good bang for buck.

Cons: Mids are a bit neglected, cable is integrated

I just got my pair, and I can say that it was well worth the money I paid for it. I have a homemade discrete amp to drive them which makes everything sound brilliant. Of course, that's what is needed to drive the 250 Ohm versions but I guess a portable amp will just barely do the trick.   For the price, I would say that these cans are worth the money as they have a pretty astounding soundstage for closed-back after I compared them to a pair of Sennheiser HD 650s that my friend has. In addition, the build quality is superb and it seems that they can withstand a couple of kicks or drops in their lifetime.    Good if you're a starting audiophile like me, well worth...
taylorsethe

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms

Pros: Amazing sound stage for closed back, The frequency range on these is very impressive, they have great tight bass, clear mids, and pretty nice highs.

Cons: Integrated cable

I've only had a few hours to burn these in, but so far I am extremely impressed. As of now I have the FiiO E6 amp to drive them, and it pushes them better than I expected. Being that these are 250 Ohm there aren't many portable amps that can do these cans justice. They frequency range is what I'm most impressed with 5Hz-35000Hz. They provide bass if you want it, and it is pretty clean and tight. The mids are very enjoyable, and I believe the highs to be pretty good too. Overall these headphones are great, especially for their value.
Visual

Best $150 spent on cans

Pros: Too many to list

Cons: Cable

Set up for review: IPOD Classic 6th gen Electric Avenue PA2V2 amp WAV Files only.   Good: Brilliant sound from closed cans for the price Build Quality is top notch Sounds great with various genres (Funk, Soul, Jazz, Hip Hop)   Bad: Not a fan of the cable. Would prefer a straight cable   Need to know: These really need an amp for portable use.
Chasefooo

Mega Impressed

Pros: Exelent Bass response and mids. As comforatable as wearing a dead lamb on your head.

Cons: highs are a tad light, bass ever so slightly muddled in the extreames.

Great, Definatly need burning in to help with the highs. Nice soundstage for closed. So mother lovin comfortable. Perfect pair with a Hi-FiMan EF-2A Dac/Amp.
noobandroid

Sturdy and awesome sound

Pros: Warm mid, strong bass

Cons: Heavy Twisted cable

This is one good headphone with the characteristics of warm mids, pronounced bass, and with clean trebles. The only thing that bugs me is the very long twisted cable, heavy for mobility