One of the best closed cans at thie price-tier!

A Review On: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones

LordOctron

Pros: Very comfy / Overall good sound quality / Nice lows / Price

Cons: None

This is what I wrote about the 250 Ohm version... "Overall good sounding. My DT880 might sound somewhat more refined in the mids and highs, but in the lows and especially in the low-lows the DT770 beat em. They are probably my 2nd favorite closed headphone, right after my beloved Denon AH-D2000 (which seem to outperform all other headphones I tried). I think it's a good idea to EQ this cans, by slightly raising the mids and minimally taming the highs you can really improve the sound of this cans."

Amazingly the 80 Ohm version sounds even better to me as the bass has even more impact and the mids + highs sound smoother. I love em!

Comfort:

The DT770/880/990 Pro are the most comfortable cans i tried...

Recommendation:

If you are looking for "sanely priced" closed cans capable of delivering a good amount of bass but still sound good overall, get em!

I cannot agree with comfort score - after 1-2 hours with DT770's skin on the top of my head is brushed, I have red marks and in general it hurts a little. Not nice..
Apart of that, the sound quality is very nice.
Perhaps it also depends on the haircut as longer hair sorta adds some cushion... Do you have short hair?