Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup ) › Beyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup ) Reviews

Beyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup ) Reviews

The Viking

Best and most underrated in this category

Pros: Flat, revealing, articulate, yet warm & forgiving. Comfy.

Cons: Chunky cable. Uninspiring looks. Gets toasty in there.

These DT-250 (80 ohm) are just flat-out the best sub-$500 headphones I've yet heard. I found the Shure SRH840s way too bright, and returned my DT770s for being too dark.    The soundstage is as wide as you could hope for with closed-back cans. Separation is really great, and I find them to be analytical enough to reveal all the detail I care to hear, without turning suboptimal recordings (or encodings) into garbage.   I thought they sounded pretty nice before connecting them to my Nuforce Icon UDAC-2. Really, they're not that much better than a $100 pair of Sonys until they're amped.   They don't throw down bass in the quantity of the head-subwoofers...
markanini

Get the right ones

Pros: Potentially excellent sound(250Ohm), comfort, modular construction

Cons: Thick sound(80Ohm)

I own the 80Ohm model, do note that the 250Ohm model should sound very different. Looks: You'll look like you're working for the sound crew of a broadcast company. Construction: Solid materials used through out. Some weak points where the headphone and cups meet. Here's the kicker, though: All parts including the head band, driver and cable can be ordered as spare parts. Potentially this will be the only phone in your collection that you'll own for the rest of your life.  Comfort: Not THE most comfortable I ever wore but I can have them on for 4+ hours daily without discomfort. My head is about medium size and I wear glasses. Sound: The 80Ohm model sounds rather thick,...