Not flat

A Review On: Beyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphones

Beyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphones

Rated # 70 in Headphones
BK201

Pros: good bass, detailed

Cons: bright, harsh, sibilant

This headphone is quite V-shaped, I never quite understood why it stood evenly with the K701 and HD650. I dislike the HD650 but that didn't prevent me from giving me it a bad review, because it's quite impressive.

Now this, no matter how I try to listen to this. It's too bright and sibilant. Even its siblings, the DT770 and DT990 gave me problems.

The bass was the only thing that was enjoyable, it extends very deep and is good for a dynamic headphone. When listening to acoustic music it's harsh, but rock and such is less harsh as the bass somewhat masks the highs a bit. I could see this being nice for rock.

But the detailing is not good as the K701 or HD650 or HD600. Even with that abundance of treble, it does not render low level information as I expected it to. Also the soundstage is pretty normal, not much different from the average closed back headphone. I guess being semi-open doesn't give you the best of both worlds as the HD600/650 and K701 have much better soundstages.

It's built quite nicely and quite comfortable though. But I don't like how it sounds. confused_face.gif

You ought to start listing the equipment you use in your reviews. Either you're not at all powering these cans, or you just have a total mismatch of equipment. These should sound pretty nice given the right amplification.
indeed, not to mention he likes the bass but hates the treble... that's a little backwards
sorry to pick on you though man <3 and ofc not every one will like the dt 880 and if u don't well that's fine too