5 Stars.

A Review On: Beyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphones

Beyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphones

Rated # 78 in Headphones
nikp

Greetings, this is a very brief review of the DT880 Premium 600 Ohms.

First of all, let me start by saying that these cans are the most comfortable pair I have ever experienced so far. The clamping is very soft and has light pressure on the head. Beyerdynamic cans have legendary comfort.

SQ wise, the DT880 is a great all rounder. Every part of the frequency response is perfect and not recessed in any way. It is very full sounding and I haven't have a thought that something might be missing. I find them neutral sounding with a good bass response and they offer astounding clarity. Oh and have I mentioned that they are smooth? Of all the tracks I listened to, I don't think harshness even exist. Soundstage and instrument separation is remarkable - not huge but not small either. They sound fantastic with all the genres I listen to and I can say that they are one of my favourite cans of all time.

One more thing to mention, they do require solid amping. I've tried using them with no amp and failed miserably. But other than that, it's all perfect. Five stars all the way.

Verdict: Excellent cans, recommended A++.

Nice review!
I have a pair and I am really enjoying them.
I like the sound I get out my DT880s from a La Figaro 336C.
 Great review! I wish I never found the DT880s because they are slowly ending my Head-Fi quest for sound :[ I've even read a review comparing HD800s and DT880 600ohm. To gain that 5% improvement in sound quality for the 500% increase in price is a deal breaker to me. Damn, I hate the nature of this game but seems like once you go mid-fi, you realize summit-fi is for the people with unrealistic expecations.