Stereotypical Behringer

A Review On: Behringer UFO202 U-Phono High-Quality USB Audio Interface with Built-In Phono Preamp

Rated # 100 in DACs
Quality
Headzone

Pros: Decent sound quality

Cons: Build quality. Prepare to buy 5 of these.

The Behringer UCA-202 is a USB DAC which features S/PDIF output, headphone output with a volume control and RCA outs.

The unit has decent sound quality, and it makes for a nice first DAC if you don't have much money to spend, but need something better than onboard audio. The DAC chip used in the Behringer is TI PCM2902, which is said to be quite good chip for this price.

For a more detailed review, I recommend searching with google, as there are detailed measurements available for this unit.

Build quality:

Bad thing with it is, that it's a Behringer.

1. After few months of use, it could just sometimes freeze up during use, so I had uninstall it and plug it back on to get the sound work.

2. Sometimes there was very audible hiss coming from the outputs, which would disappear only if I took it off my PC and plugged it back on.

3. Sometimes when I plug my headphones into it, the device turns itself off for some reason. For this I need to reboot my computer to make it work again.

That said, the warranty time has expired and I can't do anything but throw it away and buy something slightly better to replace it..

Comments: