Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW Reviews

Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW Reviews

Positive Reviews

RoyaceGA

This wasn't cooked up by Dr. Dre

Pros: Style, Sound, Noise Cancellation, Mute Button on the Left Side

Cons: Beats Stigma, Needs Burn in

When I first got these headphones I was like WOW they look so beautiful! Then i tried it on, it felt great and comfortable on my head but when the sound came out, I was like "What the hell? Where's all the hype about the bass?" It sounded NOTHING like any other beats before. Also, It lacked everything. Bass, mids, lows, and highs. It sounded like rubbish. But then I burned them in with pink noise. Wow, what a big difference. From trash to gold. I swear I felt like I spent $300 bucks on a pair of skullcandy sounding headphones at first, then it became nothing like before. Clear, thumping bass, good lows, mids, and highs. I can't explain it.
JGrignon

Very surprised

Pros: Sound quality, Aesthetics, Comfort, Beats fad

Cons: Active noise cancellation, Beats negativity

A Little Background   I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and got them severely discounted. I only buy Beats when they are on sale and I am able to get 30% discount on top of that. The Beats Pros are the only Beats headphones that I have kept and the only ones that I like. Are they worth their full price? God no. But they are well made, look the part, and are fun to use. No they don't sound the best, but they are fine and I enjoy them every now and then. The old Studios and Solos were complete crap however. They sounded terrible, they felt...

Negative Reviews

Alex--o

Waste of money

Pros: Comfort

Cons: Flashy,Sound,Build,Everything

"The best of the beats line" isn't saying much. I actually thought these were going to be good. When I tried them on at the apple store I was impressed by the comfort. They were out of power so I didn't get to test the sound or noise cancelling. I got a pair and was happy with them until I tried a pair of ATH M50.It was then that I realised just how bad they were in terms of sound quality. What's more, they attract so much attention that you feel embarrassed using them outside. To top things of, the left ear cup broke within the first month! I actually thought beats could improve. But now I doubt they ever will.
2001Audiophile

Overpriced

Pros: Great look

Cons: Overpriced, Sound like 50 dollar headphones

I dislike these headphones. I really, really dislike them. They're the best of the bunch, but that's not saying much. They all sound like 10 - 50 dollar headphones. I honestly don't think I'll ever buy a Beats product ever again.