Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone › Reviews › CliffJumper's Review

Don't buy these.

A Review On: Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone

Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone

Rated # 145 in On-Ear
CliffJumper

Pros: Packaging is amazing, they look nice.

Cons: Way too expensive for hat you get, sound quality is that of $60-$70 headphones, they break easily, they stop working every once in awhile.

I bought these headphones about a year and a half ago. They are NOT worth the money. They have horrible sound quality, distortion in sound beyond belief, and part of it broke after a couple of months. I would not recommend these headphones to anybody.

Man, your first review and it's filled with hate for the Beats Solo... xD welcome to head fi! Sorry you didn't find us sooner as we could have saved you all that money :[
I recommend the Koss Pro DJ 100 as a replacement, looks and sounds good for like $100
Wow. You have a severe hatred towards the Beats. Anyways, for a cheaper replacement, my go-to recommendation is going to be the Portapros, being a Portapro owner myself and loving the 'cans, and they're the best sub-$50 'cans you can get, IMO, however they're open-back headphones, which is a positive for me because I prefer open-back to closed-back, bigger soundstage, however you may prefer closed-back, in which case, MDR-V6s/7506s and ATH-M50s are good closed-back replacements for the Beats.
Why do you feel that the orig.poster "hates" Beats? He's giving an
honest assessment of them.

They are status headphones, just as certain makes of car are
status cars. Whenever I see a Beats wearer in public, I automatically
rattle off at least three headphones that cost 30-50% less than Beats
yet blow them away for sound quality and accuracy.

Plus, the recommendations, unlike certain Beats models, don't
require batteries.