Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White) › Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White) Reviews

Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White) Reviews

Oeufdepoire

Overpriced nice-looking cans

Pros: Wonderful look (IMO), detachable cable

Cons: Not worth the price at all, bad sound quality, boomy bass, the earcups don't rotate enough

Work in progress   A friend of my brother came with his Beats Solo's, and he pleasantly accepted to lend them to me, for me to give them a try. Finally, I was able to hear by myself Head-Fi'ers' nemesis.   Briefly : I consider them worse than my late AKG K 450's, that were worth the third of the Beats.   In my opinion, they look perfect. I don't know if they are particulary fragile, I don't have had them for long enough.   The earcups don't rotate enough, so they press against the backside of my ears, and it's uncomfortable. They clamp a bit hard. My SR80i's feel very ligh and comfortable in comparison. The pads of the Solo's are very comfortable...
TheBrutux168

Mainly A Fashion Accessory

Pros: Nice looking, portable

Cons: sound quality, clamping pressure, expensive

The good:These are very nice looking headphones which are also very portable. They fold up into a small package for easy travel. I don't think these feel to cheap.   The bad: Upon putting these on I was surprised at how bad the sound quality was. The bass was overpowering and also a bit muddy. Mids and highs were barely there. These are expensive headphones and the sound quality isn't any better than a $100 pair ( I am comparing to my MDR-ZX600 right now ). The comfort isn't too good as well, it had a lot of clamping pressure which didn't annoy me much, but if you have a bigger head these might be annoying.    Conclusion: Good looking but bad sound quality and bad...
iRockskinnies

Worst Headphones IN. THE. WORLD.

Pros: Nice design, very portable, and lightweight.

Cons: Feels cheap, horrible sound quality. When I put them on I thought they sounded like cheap 15 dollar headphones. Very uncomfortable on the head,.

These by far are one of the most overrated headphones. I do not understand how the heck everyone thinks these are HD headphones, they're not even "OK" headphones! Sound is somewhat good, but the reason why I hate these is because they are cheap peices of plastic that are over priced. 179 dollars for headphones? Are you kidding me? I can get a pair of JVCs for 30 dollars that are much better than these beats! If you're looking for some headphones, don't be one of those ignorant teens who think beats are the best headphones just because it says HD on the box. I tried the Solo HDs, I hated them and I can only imagine what the regular ones sound like. DO NOT under ANY circumstances get ANY...