Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Beats Mixr On-Ear Headphones › Beats Mixr On-Ear Headphones Reviews

Beats Mixr On-Ear Headphones Reviews

inthere

Everything a DJ needs

Pros: Very DJ oriented EQ: kick drums and backbeats are very pronounced, perfect EQ for DJ'ing; nice little touches that benefit pro DJ's

Cons: Very harsh digital sound when cranked

I have 4 pair of these, all given to me as a result of my job, which is professional DJ. The 1st pair I got had the 1/4 adapter connected(see photo) to the cable permanently so you would never lose it, which I thought was a very nice touch for traveling DJ's because I lose them all the time, but that feature was later removed in the 3 pair I got after that. The flip up ears are also a very nice touch and in my case at least, very well done because I can flip up an ear and the headphones still fit snuggly.     Beats gets a bad rap from *audiophiles* who want to seem like they know what they're talking about, and the quickest way to get respect is to slag off Beats....
FancyDan

Bouncy, yet acurate headphones loud and detailed enough to be the ultimate for dancefloor mixing

Pros: Sound is literally perfect for DJing, incredibly travel ready, durable, packed with DJ special features, unfairly cool looking

Cons: Can by harsh on ear cartilage if worn for long period, high price tag, that famous "big red B"

Wow, where to even start with the insane, surprising, and amazing looking package that is the Beats Mixr? Well I'll start by saying this: these are headphones exclusively for DJs and people who are going to be listening to music that has been created using electronic rhythms or beats (house music, trap, dubstep). That's IT. If you try to listen to The Beatles or Arcade Fire on these your ears will puke. They're just not for that. These are headphones made for the sole purpose of listening to and DJing electronic music. However, if that's what you're in the market for then whoa boy Dr. Dre and crew have cooked up a delicious treat that you can't help but fall in love with.    I...