Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › mistarobotics's Review

Beats Tour by Dr. Dre Review

A Review On: Beats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphones

Beats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 1213 in Headphones
mistarobotics

Pros: Portable

Cons: (Read the full review to see all)

When I bought it:

When I bought the beats tour by Dr. Dre I was impressed at the sound quality and the comfort. I was used to using my standard Apple headphones that came with my iPod so it was a big difference from that.

What comes in the box:

• Actual headphones
  • Carrying Case
  • 3 pairs of standard Monster designed eartips
  • Two pairs of different size triple layer "Airlocks"
  • Quick start guide

Features:

Tangle free cable

Control Bar

Microphone for hands free calling

Comfort:

It came with different sizes of earbuds so it can fit perfectly into my ear. The comfort was pretty good until I lost one of the earpieces. When I lost one of my earpieces I went one size up from that and all it did was fall out over and over and over again.

Audio Quality:

The quality of this was at first perfect (compared to my Apple headphones but after 2-3 months it started

getting all static-y in the left earpiece and was a major difference from what I heard before. Also after it went back to normal I was going to change the earpieces and as soon as I put it back on it was static-y on the left earpiece AGAIN! And a week after that the left ear just wouldn't work.

Design:

This headphone would only be good for people who don't really know good sound quality and just want to make a fashion statement (along with all of the other Beats products by Dr. Dre.)

Other:

The control bar on the right earpiece sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. It says at apple.com that it's not compatible with a PC so if you are going to listen to music or just watch youtube videos on your PC  THIS HEADPHONE IS NOT FOR YOU. It's only compatible with iPhone, and iPhones 3G-4S, all iPod models, iPad 1-3. I bought mine from Apple which means that it is guaranteed that it's not a fake. Also the earpieces collect a lot of earwax (gross I know) so whenever you take the earplugs out of you ears you might see a lot of "yellow stuff."

Value:

Buying this is not worth the price that it's set on ($160). I think that it's only that much because of the brand name and because it's by Dr. Dre.

Overall:

The Beats by Dr. Dre was a good headphone at first but I later changed my mind to just sticking to the standard Apple headphones. So to anyone reading this

Don't buy this headphone!

Comments: